Sunday, August 9, 2009

The Kingdom of Heaven is like....

"For the Kingdom of Heaven is like a landowner who went out early in the morning to hire men to work in his vineyard….. “

...so begins a story in Matthew 20 about a man who hired people early in the morning to work for him. And then later in the day he went back for more, and again later, for more. Even at the 11th hour, he went back for more. At the end of the day he paid the all for a fll day’s wage. But the people who had worked all day were upset because he paid the ones who began to work late in the day the same amount as he paid those who began to work early! They were paid what he promised, but the thought it was unfair that the workers who came later were also paid that amount. The landowner answered: 'Friend, I am not being unfair to you. Didn't you agree to work for a denarius? Take your pay and go. I want to give the man who was hired last the same as I gave you. Don't I have the right to do what I want with my own money? Or are you envious because I am generous?' So the last will be first, and the first will be last."

God called me to ministry when I was 17 and I said “No.” I didn’t want to be in the jungles, I didn’t want to live by ‘faith’. I wanted to have ‘nice things’ and I wanted to be a ‘normal’ Christian.

How thankful I am that like the landowner, God returned later in the day and called me again- he gave me another chance to work for Him.

And I get a full measure of blessing, of joy, of abundant living.


Unmerited.


Undeserved.


A perfect picture of grace.

This week, we get to seek His kingdom in many different places! We have a group from the US here, and we will keep them- and us- busy! We are going to a state prison, we are going to a refugee village, we are packing up into the ‘sierra” as the jungles around here are called, to take food and supplies and some of His kingdom to 5 widows. We will be doing VBS and ministering to Lacandone Indians- people who still hunt with home-made bows and arrows and for whom the Kingdom of heaven is still either unknown or a dream they have no idea is available to them.

I can’t wait to see what God will do…

I cherish your prayers! When we return I will be back here to share with you the glimpses of His Kingdom we have seen along the way.



3 comments:

  1. I like your blog, very interesting, I'll keep in touch, vas a cosechar si no desmayes, adelante chica...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is hard to say no when He calls you. It may take a long time but it seems to me that sooner or later you are brought to a place in life where saying yes is the only answer.

    Can't wait to hear about your adventures and to find out what great things God is doing. My prayers continue for you as you walk in His footsteps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And isn't it Amazing how he works it ALL for good? Even our disobedience is worked for good once we start walking with him again! I'm proud and happy that u can say with full confidence that you're right where God wants you, that's the safest most satisfying place you can be!

    ReplyDelete